Sunday, 29 August 2010 14:55
Visits of High Officials from the Two Countries:
- A delegation of the Kuwaiti Civil Defense, headed by Colonel Usama Al-Tirkit, visited Sweden in December 1994.
- A State Secretary in the Swedish Foreign Ministry, Mr. Jan Eliasson, visited Kuwait in March 1995.
- A delegation of the Parliamentary Friendship between Kuwait and Sweden, headed by the Kuwaiti PM. Mr. Ahmad Al-Nasser, visited Sweden in September 1995.
- State Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the State of Kuwait, Mr. Sulaiman Majed Al-Shahin visited Sweden in November 1996.
- A visit payed by the Kuwait-Swedish friendship group in the Kuwaiti National Assembly headed by Dr. Ahmad Al-Rab’i from the 7 to the 10 of October 2000.
- A Swedish delegation headed by the State Secretary in the Ministry of Trade and Industry visited Kuwait in 2001.
- Several delegations from Kuwait House of Finance, visited Sweden to follow up their investments, headed by Mr. Ali Othman Al-Ghannam, Director of Investment in the Administration of International Real Estate, during the years 2002, 2003 and 2004.
- Mr Mahmoud Khaled Al-Jassar Vice Chairman and the Director of Strategic Planning in the International Kuwait Petroleum Company, had visited Sweden several times to follow up the investments of the company in Sweden “Q8” both in 2003 and 2004.
- A delegation representing the Swedish Royalty, government and people forwarded their condolences in the death of the deceased former Amir of the State of Kuwait, Shaikh Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah. The delegation to Kuwait was headed by the State ------ Secretary in the Ministry of Trade and Industry Mr. Lars Olof Lindgren accompanied by the Swedish Ambassador in Riyadh and others in 17 January 2006.
- The State Secretary of the Swedish Ministry of Trade and Industry, Mr. Lars Olof Lindgren visited Kuwait from 2 to 4 April 2006.
- A delegation of the Parliamentary Friendship in the Kuwaiti National Assembly, headed by the MP Mr. Ali Hmood Al-Hajri visited Sweden during the period from 25th to 27th of April 2006.
- Sweden hosted an International Donors Conference on Lebanon in 31 August 2006. Kuwait was represented by H.E Bader Mushari, Minister of Finance in the State of Kuwait.